By Cara Friedman Likeable Media is having its first ever social media conference this year during Internet Week. The 2 day conference, taking place on June 8th-9th, promises to be loaded with social media enthusiasts, educational sessions, and fun parties. If you haven't already taken advantage of our early bird special, we wanted to give you a few reasons why you won't want to miss this epic event.
1. Thought Leaders. Here are Likeable, one of our core values is that everyone is a thought leader. To further demonstrate this, the Likeable staff will be putting together some educational seminars throughout the conference. Our knowledgeable staff will be conducting seminars from everything from Brand Ambassadors to Reducing Your Cost Per Click. This is a great opportunity to learn from the strategists who do this everyday.
2. Networking. Whether you are a student looking to get into the industry, a business man looking to learn from other businesses, or a social media enthusiast trying to mingle with like-minded individuals, you will find all of what you are looking for at #Likeable U. There will be lots of opportunities to meet and mingle with fellow conference-goers so you don't won't to miss this excellent networking opportunity. Attendees already confirmed include representatives from:
- Verizon Fios
- The Pampered Chef
- Penguin Books
- Visit Salt Lake
- Extra Space
- GE Capital
- and more...
3. "How-To" Workshops. Ever go to a conference or a read a book that is filled with cliches and vague answers? Not here... We will be having hands-on sessions telling you exactly how to monitor the conversation, use different platforms, and more. We will also have Likeable partners on the scene giving demos and tutorials on how their products can enhance your social media.
4. Speakers. Besides the Likeable staff, there will be plenty of other speakers at #Likeable U. Leaders in the industry have a lot of knowledge to share so you won't want to miss Jason Keath, founder of Social Fresh, Max Haot, CEO of Livestream, BJ Emerson, Social Technology Officer at Tasti D-Lite, and many more.
5. Prizes and Surprises. We have some big and exciting plans for the conference, but I can't tell you what it is. What fun would it be if I told you everything in store for the conference in this blog? You'll have to just take my word for it and trust me that there are prizes to be won and surprises in store for conference attendees.
6. Student Specials. Some of the most engaged social media enthusiasts are students. We want to include them in a big way and make sure every student has the opportunity to attend #Likeable U. That's why we are offering anyone with a valid student ID 70% the conference! Use "LikeableStudent70" in the Discount Code area to apply.
7. Party! Although the conference will be jammed packed with educational seminars, valuable content, and exciting networking opportunities, we also are planning to have a little fun! In honor of our CEO Dave Kerpen's book, Likeable Social Media, we will be having a swanky book launch party to celebrate! Meet and mingle with the author as well as drink and have fun! For a sneak peak of the book releasing in June, click here.
The early bird special for early sign-ups ends tomorrow. If you plan on attending #Likeable U, now is the time to register and save $200 on admission! Just for making it through this whole blog, our readers are getting an extra 20% registration! Enter "LikeUBlogReader20" without quotes in the Discount Code area for your special blog discount! We are so excited for this inaugural summit and we hope to see you there?
Will you be attending #Likeable U: Class of 2011? What speakers are you hoping to see there? What sessions are you excited for? Share your thoughts in the comments below!