By Amy Kattan All this talk about the pending apocalypse had people wondering what the end of the world would be like: what they needed to do, what they were afraid of, and what the exact sequence of events would be. Personally, I thought about whether or not I would be able to see Bridesmaids on Saturday night (I did, and it was hilarious). Being the social media geeks that we are, we of course went straight to Twitter to see what people were really thinking about the end of the world. Well, the Rapture didn’t happen, but these top 10 tweets did:
10. @kjhealy - This is probably the only time you can’t say “it’s not the end of the world.”
8. @ReignOfApril – The words of a true fashionista:
7. @IAmJericho – Looks like Chris Jericho has his priorities in order.
6. @Chris_Mitten puts things into perspective:
5. @GeorgeTakei – As it turns out, Chris Mitten isn't the only one anxious to see the final episode of Oprah.
4. @Lord_Voldemort7 – Finally, life’s biggest mysteries answered! The best part about this is imagining Lord Voldemort as the voice of Gossip Girl (seriously, try it)!
3. @BorowitzReport – I wonder what kind of reception we'd have during the Rapture...
1. @TheHoyBoy – Morgan Freeman’s role of a lifetime:
After these tweets, I’m excited to see what’s in store for December 2012’s “end of the world!”
Have you seen some other great tweets about the end of the world? Which is your favorite? Share your thoughts in the comments below!