By Shari Donk Last year, Likeable Media hosted our first ever conference – Likeable U: Class of 2011. This year, we are going Beyond the Buzz at Likeable U Class of 2012. Last year, we gave you 7 Reasons You Can't Miss Likeable U: Class of 2011. This year, we are aiming to one-up last year in every way. Here are 8 reasons you can't miss Likeable U: Class of 2012.
1. You will be listening to big name speakers What better way to learn about building buzz beyond social media than from the experts themselves? This year our line-up is jam packed with big names in the industry, including:
Dave Kerpen (@DaveKerpen), CEO Likeable Media
Peter Shankman (@petershankman), Founder HARO
Aliza Licht (@DKNY PR Girl), SVP Global Communications
Jeff Pulver (@jeffpulver), Founder #140conf
Jeffrey Hayzlett (@jeffreyhayzlett), Author and Speaker The Hayzlett Group
Daniel Kim (@dankimredmango), CEO of Red Mango
Jeff Glor, (@jeffglor), CBS News Sunday Evening Anchor & CBS This Morning Special Correspondent
.. and many more!
2. Your business cards will come in handy Whether you are a high level executive or a student, Likeable U is a great place to make connections. Last year, attendees included representatives from American Express, Celebrations.com, Heineken, Jet Blue, Kayak.com, and more. This year, brand representatives from Chobani (@chobani), Google+ (@GooglePlusTweet), Meetup (@Meetup), and Warby Parker (@WarbyParker) will be speaking and attending conference sessions. It will be a great opportunity to network!
3. You will grow your online & offline presence You will mingle with tons of people who are equally as passionate about social media, which means more people to follow on Twitter and connect with on LinkedIn! And since you met first IRL (in real life), you will be able to keep that connection strong offline. And of course, you will get an opportunity to meet and pick the brains of all the Likeable staff!
4. You will be a part of an awards ceremony The Oscars, The Emmys, The Tonys …and now the Likeable Awards! From the most Likeable Mommy Blogger to the most Likeable CMO, there are 18 categories for you to vote for. The winners will be announced and awarded LIVE at Likeable U 2012. Check out the categories and cast your vote here. Don't forget to share and tweet your nominations!
5. You will spend the day in an environmentally friendly venue This year’s Likeable U is being held at The Desmond TuTu Center in NYC . They are committed to environmental sustainability and protection and every part of their business is guided by their own Green Stakes Program. There is no better place to be during Internet week than a place that is going green!
6. You will love all the sessions Sessions this year will cover a wide range of topics, from the how tos to beyond the buzz! There is something for everyone. Every session will offer something different, but all will provide a learning experience you will not be able to get anywhere else.
7. You will be surprised & delighted No more details necessary because no one wants to be the one to ruin a good surprise.
8. You will grab early bird pricing You seriously will never find a deal better than our early bird pricing. Register now before it’s too late!
You will not want to miss this event - so mark your calendars for May 15th and we'll see you all at Likeable U 2012.
Will you be registering for Likeable U Class of 2012: Beyond the Buzz? Who do you hope to see there? Who are you most excited to hear speak? Comment below and check out likeableu.com for more details!