By Sida Li The social media space is getting pretty crowded these days, but one thing that's still missing is a voice component. Blurts, a new social media platform, seeks to fill this void by providing a tool that allows users to upload 30-second sound recordings to any social media network, web site, or blog that accepts embedded links. You can attach a Blurt to almost anything, from pictures, videos and emails to Facebook comments and Tweets.
Let's take a look at some of the advantages and features of Blurts:
- Easy to use - all you need is a microphone.
- More personal and expressive than text.
- Quicker and more anonymous than video.
- Enhances existing social media platforms (You can Tweet a Blurt!).
- Offers statistics tracking, such as total # of listens, location of Blurt shares, and more.
- A Blurt button can be easily embedded on your web site.
- It's fun!
Back when social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare first appeared, I'm sure that most of us wouldn't have imagined all the ways we'd be using them today. There’s an endless amount of ways to use Blurts, and already new possibilities are being explored - Blurts recently teamed up with the Oxygen Network to allow viewers to Blurt live with other fans while they watch two of the network's shows, Bad Girls Club and Hair Battle. To learn about some ways to use Blurts, listen to my Blurt here.
Do you think "Blurting" will become a part of our vocabulary in the near future? Let us know in the comments below!