South by Southwest (SXSW), the annual interactive technology, music, and film conference, is coming up this Friday! I'll be traveling to Austin, Texas to participate in the festival. I have a few tips for those of you who will be in Austin with me, and even for those of you who can't make it, but will be tuning in from home. If you'll be there:
1. Drink: You should stay hydrated during the day so you have energy to participate in all of the events. At night, you should go to the SXSW parties and enjoy them!
2. Don't be shy: Make sure to engage in conversation with as many people as you can - you can gain a lot by networking with fellow attendees.
3. Don't plan everything: Leave open time for spontaneous activities because you never know what might come up!
If you won't be there:
1. Relax: It may seem like you're the only person at home, but most people won't be there.
2. Use Twitter to follow the hashtags: Enjoy SXSW from home by following Twitter hashtags from panels and speakers to learn more about what's going on in Austin.
3. Plan ahead: Start contemplating how you'll get to SXSW next year. Make a compelling case to your boss about how the trip will be beneficial.
If you'll be there, feel free to stop by my book reading or join me via Twitter! Hope you have a likeable time participating in SXSW!