It's that time of year again where we get to write you letters and ask you for things. The past two years you have really pulled through and delivered some great additions to the social media industry. When I asked for more personalized Facebook pages, you gave me Timeline! When I asked for the next big thing, you gave me Pinterest! Now it's a new year and I have new
demands requests for you. Please make my wishes come true!
1. Bring Instagram back to Twitter! I can't stand to see them fighting like this. Plus, it looks like I have no pictures on Twitter since you removed all my Instagrams.
2. Make Timeline searchable. Things get lost on timeline very easily, but wouldn't it be great to have a search function to find things?! I know search isn't Facebook's sweet spot but maybe 2013 is the year!
3. Ability to "like" tweets. Yes, I asked for this last year... and the year before. Favoriting is not the same. Some tweets aren't worthy of a favorite or a RT. Just a like.
4. Facebook Offers for small businesses. Why the 400 liker restriction? Small businesses want to reward their fans with exclusive deals too.
5. Increased Newsfeed visibility. Could you give your buddy Zuckerberg a call and give us back our newsfeed visibility? I very rarely complain about Facebook changes but this just makes it that much harder to get content seen, even when your content is stellar.
6. Give Myspace a chance. I am really rooting for Justin Timberlake. I have a new Myspace page myself and it really isn't all that bad.
7. Ban politics or sports from being discussed on Facebook. Just kidding... but really.
8. Easy way to delete groups. Currently, you have to delete every member of the group before being given the option to delete the group. I understand the logic, but is this really the most efficient way of doing things?
9. Pinterest analytics please! I know there are free tools out there but I really want Insights for Pinterest. We already know that click through rates and purchases from Pinterest are real, but I need numbers!
10. Option to optimize. Uploading videos to Facebook as opposed to just sharing a link from YouTube has it's advantages. However, I don't get to select my freezeframe, optimize size, or anything. Give us some wiggle room here!
11.Group chat, come back! I miss the giant group chats. Bring them back!
12. Analytics... that are good... and FREE. I realize I am asking a lot here. I want to be able to compare my brand to other brands and do a deep dive into click through, engagement, and ads. Let me know what you can do here...
Alright Santa... work your magic! And just in case, send this over to Hannukah Harry too (I want to make sure I'm covered!).
Cara Friedman and the Likeable team!
What would you wish for from Social Media Santa? If you agree (or disagree) post your favorite numbers in the comments!