By Casey Danton
Pumpkin Spice Latte time may have just rolled around, but if you’re in advertising, you’re probably ankle-deep in prep for the holidays. While the holidays may be the best time of the year for some, there’s one group of people who it is the worst for: Community Managers.
Here are some typical community manager problems you can look forward to dealing with this season....or more realistically, all of the time.
1. Your parents still have no idea what you actually do.
2. "Oh, you're in social media? I could do that."
4. That one person who can't figure out how to DM/message you.
5. You came up with the perfectly crafted response to someone and it gets 0 interaction.
6. Power Editor.
7. Having to log in and out to switch between your brands' Instagram accounts.
But seriously, Twitter has an easy way to switch between accounts, Facebook makes it easy to switch between pages. What's the hold-up, Instagram?
8. You're on "vacation," but you're still checking your pages at least twice a day.
9. If you are in a place where you don't have access to a computer, you might as well be on the moon.
10. The tiniest grammar/spelling mistake can ruin you.
11. Even though the content going up went through five rounds of edits, one follower will still find a way to take offense to it.
12. You are privy to the weirdest days of celebration.
See: "National Punch Day" (the drink, not the aggressive kind), "Ask a Stupid Question Day," and my all-time personal favorite, "Bald and Free Day."
13. You don't tweet personally without triple checking you are not on your brand's account first.
14. Shortening tweets to fit with an image takes up a good portion of your day.
15. Looking for the perfect GIF to respond to someone takes up the rest.
So remember, you've got 99 problems and they're probably all due to the fact that you're a Community Manager, but hang in there, we're here for you.
What #cmgrproblems would you add to this list?